Nutrition Information (per serving)
1 whole egg
¾ cup low-fat milk
Pinch ground cinnamon
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
1 Tbsp canola oil
8 slices whole-wheat bread
Apple Maple Walnut Syrup
¼ cup apple juice concentrate
¼ cup maple syrup
1½ tsp melted unsalted butter
3 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- Place egg in a shallow bowl and beat slightly. Add milk, spices and vanilla and beat until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Heat a sauté or grill pan and coat with oil. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture.
- Cook over medium heat until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side. (You may cook in batches of two slices bread at a time, using 1 teaspoon oil with each batch.)
- Combine all ingredients for syrup in a small saucepan. Heat gently over low heat.
- Serve 2 slices French toast with 2 tablespoons Apple Maple Walnut Syrup.