Nutrition Information (per serving)
Coffee Crumb Topping
⅓ cup rolled oats
3 Tbsp whole-wheat flour
3 Tbsp brown sugar, firmly packed
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch sea salt
1 Tbsp canola oil
⅓ cup unsalted butter
¼ cup low-fat cream cheese
1⅓ cups cane sugar
3 egg yolks
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2½ tsp aluminum-free baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp sea salt
1¼ cups buttermilk
1 lb fresh or frozen blueberries or raspberries
2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325F. Prepare a 10-inch cake pan by lightly coating with canola oil spray and dusting with flour.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients for Coffee Crumb Topping and mix well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar on low speed with an electric mixer. Add egg yolks and vanilla. Mix on low until just combined.
- In another large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add half of dry mixture to creamed mixture and mix briefly. Add half of buttermilk and mix briefly. Add remaining half of dry mixture and mix until just combined. Add remaining buttermilk and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into pan and top with blueberries. Sprinkle crumb topping and chopped pecans evenly over the top, and bake for 30 minutes. Rotate cake 180º and bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cut into 16 slices.