Nutrition Information (per serving)
1½ cups skim milk
¼ tsp salt
4 Tbsp canola oil
1 cup whole-wheat flour
Ricotta Cheese Filling
1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
3 Tbsp powdered sugar or 2 tablespoons honey
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp lemon zest
1½ cups fresh blueberries, organic strawberries or blackberries
¾ cup fruit coulis
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with wire whip until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Mixture should resemble thin pancake batter.
- Place 1 teaspoon canola oil in a nonstick crepe pan and heat over medium flame until pan is hot. Pour 3 tablespoons of batter all at once into pan and immediately rotate to evenly coat the entire bottom. Cook until edges begin to turn brown and top is firm to the touch. Loosen edges and flip crepe. Cook another 15 to 20 seconds and remove. Repeat for remaining crepes.
- Combine all ingredients for ricotta filling in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Place 1 crepe on a flat surface. Spread 1 heaping tablespoon ricotta filling in center of crepe. Top with 2 tablespoons berries and roll. Repeat for remaining crepes.
- Garnish with 2 tablespoons fruit coulis or garnish with ¼ cup berries.