Nutrition Information (per serving)
1 cup plus 2 Tbsp warm water, about 100F
1 Tbsp active dry yeast
¼ cup honey
2 Tbsp molasses
2¼ cups bread flour
¼ cup vital wheat gluten
¾ cup cooked seven grain cereal
2½ tsp sea salt
2 cups whole-wheat flour
¾ cup sprouted grains, such as quinoa, amaranth, barley, spelt and millet
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly coat two bread pans with canola oil spray
- Pour warm water into a large bowl and stir in yeast, honey and molasses and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add bread flour, wheat gluten, cooked cereal and salt. Mix well.
- Add 1¾ cup whole-wheat flour. Mix until dough forms a ball. Add remaining whole wheat flour as necessary until dough is no longer sticky. Add sprouted grains. Knead dough on a flat surface until smooth and glossy, about 5 minutes. Add bread flour as needed to reduce stickiness.
- Place in a bowl and cover. Let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes to 1 hour. When dough is doubled in size, punch down and divide in half. Knead into smooth oblong shapes and place in bread pans. Allow bread to rise again until dough rises 1 inch above the rim of pan, approximately 30 minutes. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Divide each loaf into 16 slices.