Nutrition Information (per serving)
¾ cup warm water (90 to 105F)
1 tsp instant active dry yeast
1 tsp honey
1 Tbsp Blackstrap molasses
½ cup whole-wheat flour
½ cup cooked Arrowhead Mills Seven-Grain Cereal
½ cup oat flour
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tsp sea salt
½ cup whole-wheat bread flour
Extra virgin olive oil spray
1 Tbsp dry oregano
2 Tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, mix water, yeast, honey and molasses. Add first whole-wheat flour, cooked cereal, oat flour, all-purpose flour and salt, mixing by hand until combined. Add second whole-wheat flour and continue to mix by hand until dough is no longer sticky. If necessary, add extra flour a tablespoon at a time.
- Gather dough into a ball. Place in medium bowl lightly sprayed with olive oil and cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let sit in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 12 portions and roll into balls. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with canola oil spray.
- Roll out balls of dough with rolling pin until very thin, about 1/16 of an inch thick and 9 or 10 inches in diameter, and place on a baking sheet.
- Par-bake in oven for about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from oven and spray each flatbread crust lightly with olive oil and dust with a pinch of oregano and ½ teaspoon Parmesan cheese. Return to oven and bake additional 5 minutes. Arrange favorite toppings on crust, return to oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until toppings are heated through.