Nutrition Information (per serving)
1¼ cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup whole-wheat flour
1¼ tsp sea salt
4 tsp baking powder
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
⅓ cup low-fat cream cheese
¾ cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with canola oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
- Cube butter. Using a pasty cutter, cut butter and cream cheese into dry ingredients. Stir in buttermilk until just combined.
- Transfer dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently just until dough forms. Using a 2½-inch round cutter, form 12 biscuits and arrange about 1 inch apart on baking sheet.
- Spray tops of biscuits lightly with canola oil spray and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden in color and cooked through.