Nutrition Information (per serving)
1 lb beef flank steak
2 cups Mongolian BBQ sauce
½ cup chopped red bell peppers
½ cup chopped yellow bell peppers
½ Tbsp minced fresh garlic
2 cups thinly sliced red onions
1 cup canned Muir Glen fire roasted tomatoes, chopped
1 Tbsp low-sodium tamari sauce
¼ tsp sea salt
⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ Tbsp red wine vinegar
5 fresh basil leaves
1 lb cooked spaghetti
- Place flank steak in a 9 by 13-inch glass baking dish. Pour Mongolian BBQ sauce over beef. Cover and let marinate overnight, or at least 2 hours, in the refrigerator, turning the beef occasionally.
- Preheat the grill or broiler. Grill or broil beef for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until beef is medium-rare. Discard remaining marinade. Slice meat thinly across the grain.
- In a medium sauté pan, cook peppers, garlic, and onion together until the onion is translucent.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Chiffonade the basil leaves and add to the pan along with the soy sauce, salt, pepper, and vinegar. Add the pepper mix and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Arrange 3 ounces of steak over 4 ounces cooked spaghetti. Serve with ½ cup cooked pepper mix.