Nutrition Information (per serving)
16 oz beef tenderloin, cut into 8 equal medallions
½ tsp sea salt
2 tsp coarse cracked black pepper
¼ cup chopped shallots
¼ cup bourbon
1 cup fresh orange juice
1 Tbsp low-sodium tamari sauce
2 Tbsp heavy cream
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and lightly coat with canola oil spray.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides of beef medallions.
- Place medallions in skillet and sear for one minute on each side. Remove beef from pan, and set aside.
- Lower the heat to medium, and add shallots to the pan. Sauté shallots briefly, then, carefully holding the pan off the heat (to prevent injury from the alcohol flames), pour bourbon into the pan. Place pan back over the heat, and allow to cook for 30 to 60 seconds to deglaze.
- Add orange juice and tamari sauce and cook for another minute. Add beef medallions at the appropriate time for the doneness you would like. We suggest allowing the beef to cook in the sauce for 3 to 5 minutes. If you prefer it more rare, allow sauce to reduce slightly before adding beef back to pan.
- Stir in heavy cream and cook until sauce has thickened.