July 7 – 14, 2013
This special version of our highly successful Life Enhancement Program® invites teens (14-17) and their families to discover together the strategies and tools for living a healthy lifestyle.
Families will share a weeklong immersion in healthy living with classes, group activities and private consultations with experts in nutrition, medicine (for parents only), life management and fitness. The experience will include program features similar to our classic Life Enhancement Program, adapted specifically for teens and families. A sample of the topics includes healthy eating on the go, stress management, making exercise fun, healthy snacking/eating for energy, healthy weight vs. just losing weight, building support systems and open communication. Various sessions will be for teens only, others for parents only. In addition, every Canyon Ranch vacation offers plenty of fun activities to explore.
The core of the science-based Canyon Ranch approach to healthy living is individualized assessment that takes the guesswork out of customized program design. Everyone who participates in the program will go home with a detailed plan based on his or her actual needs, preferences and goals.
This program takes place in the retreat-like Life Enhancement Center®, where the minimum age is normally 18 – so this is an exceptional opportunity for teens to get a start on a healthier life. Families will take home healthy new food and exercise traditions, complete with mutual support and understanding – the right ingredients to help each family member succeed in meeting personal goals.
The Healthy Teens & Families Program is ideal if you want to:
- Get a complete picture of each family member’s health, with a plan to improve it
- Assess each family member’s fitness strategy, whether that’s beginning a fitness program, fine-tuning a routine, or getting to the next level
- Develop healthy eating patterns for life
- Explore new and meaningful spiritual practices, or deepen existing ones
- Investigate integrative and alternative approaches to your family’s health and wellness
- Both as individuals and as a family, learn ways to navigate life transitions and meet challenges
- Manage stress
- Enjoy a warm, personalized group experience in the presence of other families with similar challenges and goals
As a special gift of health, the usual $500 program fee will be waived* for these programs.
Call 800-742-9000 to see whether Healthy Teens & Families is right for your family, and make your reservations for this life-changing experience. Space is limited.
Underage Guest Policy: Canyon Ranch welcomes guests ages 14-17 when accompanied by a parent or guardian. Please note that the accompanying parent or guardian must sign a consent form, book all services for guests under 18 and be present for most services. For details, view the Teen Services Guide (PDF).
*Fee waiver offer not available to Canyon Ranch homeowners or with group stays. Subject to change without notice and based on space availability. Minimum stay and other restrictions may apply.