Nutrition Information (per serving)
2 Tbsp Amaretto liqueur
1 black or Assam tea bag
3 cups water
½ cup and 1 tablespoon cane sugar
½ vanilla bean
1 Tbsp crystallized ginger
5 Bosc pears, peeled
¾ cup and 1 Tbsp chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spread almonds evenly over baking sheet. Toast nuts for 5 to 10 minutes in oven, until lightly browned, redistributing after 2 to 3 minutes for even toasting. Cool nuts.
- In a medium saucepan, combine Amaretto, tea bag, water, sugar, vanilla bean and ginger and heat to just below boiling.
- Cut pears in half, remove core and poach in Amaretto and tea liquid until cooked but not too soft. Remove and let cool.
- Remove tea bag and vanilla bean and reduce remaining liquid until it is a thick, syrupy texture.
- Add toasted almonds to syrup.
- Serve pear halve with 2 teaspoons of syrup on top.