October 15, 2012
Nutrition Information (per serving)
10 (¼-cup ea.)
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1½ tsp canola oil
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp allspice
½ tsp sea salt
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1¼ cups dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 300F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with canola oil spray.
- Toss seeds with oil in a small bowl. Spread the coated seeds on the baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes, or until almost dry.
- Place seeds in a medium bowl and mix in maple syrup until coated.
- Combine spices in a small bowl and add mixture to the seeds. Stir to combine.
- Return seeds to the baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes, or until dry, stirring occasionally. Turn the pan several times to ensure even roasting, checking frequently—seeds burn easily. Set seeds aside until completely cool, about 30 minutes.
- Combine seeds and dried cranberries in a large bowl. Store in a tightly sealed container.