Nutrition Information (per serving)
6 (¾ cup ea.)
2 tsp unsalted butter
1¼ cups chopped yellow onion
1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
6 cups sliced button mushrooms
¼ cup white wine
¼ cup dry sherry
2⅔ cups Vegetable Stock
⅔ cup half and half
¾ tsp sea salt
⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add onions and garlic and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add 5½ cups sliced mushrooms (reserve ½ cup for later) and cook over medium-high heat until mushrooms just start to brown. Add white wine and sherry and reduce liquid by half.
- Add vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in half and half and pour into a blender container.
- Puree soup until smooth. Pour soup back into saucepan and stir reserved mushroom slices, salt and pepper. Allow soup to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, and serve.