Nutrition Information (per serving)
1¼ lb apples (such as Granny Smith or Macintosh), peeled and sliced
⅓ cup cane sugar
⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
¼ tsp sea salt
3 Tbsp cane sugar
¼ cup cold unsalted butter, diced
4 to 6 Tbsp ice water
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with canola oil spray.
- In a large bowl, toss apples with sugar, cinnamon, flour, and vanilla extract.
- To prepare pâte brisée, place flour in a medium bowl. Add salt and sugar and mix well. Using a pastry cutter, cut butter into flour until it is size of small peas. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing gently after each addition. Dough will begin to form a ball when enough water has been added. Gather dough with dry hands and form into ball. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Roll into an 8″ by 12″ rectangle. Spoon filling along the long edge of the dough, about 1 inch from the edge. Roll dough and filling over itself and seal ends to form a strudel. Score into 10 1-inch slices.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until top is lightly browned. Remove from oven and trim any extra pastry off the ends. Cut into 10 servings.